A dresser helps keep the dressing rooms neat and organized and helps with difficult costume changes. Dressers are most often needed for musicals, but occasionally there is a play that has need for dressers as well. Dressers are required to:
- Commit to a schedule that fulfills the following needs -- This is a show specific opportunity. – There will be a set schedule for the show, which requires dressers to commit to most of the dress rehearsals and at least half of the performances (evenings and weekends, 4-6 days per week for up to 5 weeks). However, attendance at all dress rehearsals and performances is preferred. Preference will be given to applicants who can commit to the full schedule.
- Be 16 years of age or older, though in some cases 18 years+ is required
- Be self-motivated and follow directions well
- Be comfortable helping someone of the same sex with changing costumes. Adult female dressers may also assist with men's costume changes.
- Have reliable transportation
If you would like to view the schedule for a specific show, please take a look at Join Crew
. If you have a general interest in begin considered for upcoming stage crew positions and getting emails about volunteer opportunities at TM, Apply Here.