All internships are unpaid and last for a period of no less than 6 month. Interns, age 16 and up, are accepted year round at Theatre Memphis. Some internship schedules are flexible, depending on the intern’s availability, time of year, needs of the theatre at that time, and the department within which the internship is based. Work is 15-20 hours per week, for a period of at least 24 weeks. Most internship hours will be fulfilled Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9 AM and 5 PM, but there will be occasional evenings and weekend. Intern will report directly to the Lighting Designer secondarily to the Volunteer Coordinator.
Resume and/or cover letter should reflect skills in some detail, giving appropriate instances of how the applicant has exercised relevant skills.
- Work independently
- Detail oriented
- Follow directions well
- Work efficiently
- Prior light rigging help a plus, but if a candidate does not have prior experience, they may still be considered if they have a good work ethic, are willing and able to learn, have sufficient time to devote to learning the proper skills.
Intern Duties & Responsibilities may include:
- Keeping a personal journal of your internship experience
- Assisting with maintaining the lighting inventory
- Programming the light consul during cuing
- Helping manage other volunteers during light calls
- Attending all possible light calls (sessions to hang, focus, & gel instruments)Attend production meetings.
- Inventory organization
- Other projects as assigned
For more information, please contact Ashley J. Nickas.
Click here to apply for an internship.