Shows are cast through an audition and callback process. We offer a variety of roles for actors, singers and dancers. All performers at Theatre Memphis are volunteers. Candidates for roles at Theatre Memphis must:
- Commit to the show specific rehearsal and perfromance schedule, which normally includes 5-6 days of rehersal per week, 4 + hours a day (evenings & weekends), for a period of 6-8 weeks, followed by 4 performances per week, 4 + hours a day (evenings & weekends), for a period of 3-4 weeks. Availability is very important for all cast members.
- Work well in collaboration with others, take direction well, have a positive attitude, have a strong & reliable work ethic.
- Be willing to provide small pieces for their character’s wardrobe (hair styling supplies, make-up, stockings, shoes).
- Have reliable transportation and be able to be ready for rehearsal / pre-show duties promptly at call time. Punctuality is very important for all cast members.
- Meet age requirements based on the needs of the script. In general on any given season, we cast ages 8 to 100.
Click here to view information about upcoming auditions. To receive audition notices via email, Apply Here.