Production Assistant Internship
All internships are unpaid and last for a period of no less than 160 hours. Interns, age 16 and up, are accepted year round at Theatre Memphis. Some internship schedules are flexible, depending on the intern's availability, time of year, needs of the theatre at that time, and the department within which the internship is based. Summer interns work 15 - 20 hours per week, for a period of at least 8 weeks. Interns during the rest of the year work 10 – 15 hours a week, for a period of at least 16 weeks. Most internship hours will be fulfill Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9AM and 5 PM, but occasional even hours may be required. Intern reports directly to the Production Stage Manager/Volunteer Coordinator.
Resume and/or cover letter should reflect skills in some detail, giving appropriate instances of how the applicant has exercised relevant skills.
- Work independently
- Detail oriented
- Follow directions well
- Work efficiently
- Good sense of organization
- Excellent writing skills
- Good communication skills
- Computer savvy
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with MS Outlook & Publisher a plus
- Excellent clerical skills
- Ability to adapt to change in assignment with little notice
- Proactive work habits
- It is often helpful for this intern to provide their own laptop.
Intern Duties & Responsibilities may include:
- Keeping a journal observing the production process
- Scanning and coping scripts
- Contact database entry
- Updating digital paperwork
- Creating production calendar in Outlook
- Entering volunteer recruitment information on Volunteer Mid-south
- Helping to facilitate volunteer functions or other TM events
- Assisting in other production areas as needing (including costume, lighting, scenery, marketing, and box office)
- Other projects as assigned
For more information, please contact Ashley J. Nickas.
Click here to apply for an internship.