Theatre Memphis Department of Outreach and Education
Immediate Opening for Two Resident Teaching Artists: (one year contract)
Theatre Memphis is currently seeking two Part Time Resident Teaching Artists in the Department of Outreach and Education.
Applicants should be organized, self-driven, passionate about working in the community, comfortable with both creating and implementing programming.
Applicants should ideally have experience in Theatre Education or Program Management, and also be proficient in Google Drive and Microsoft Excel.
The Resident Teaching Artist will work closely and collaboratively with the Director of Outreach and Engagement.
Applicants should enjoy collaboration and working with people of all ages.
This position is a part time averaging 20 hours a week, mostly daytime hours with a few evenings and weekends.
Theatre Memphis is currently celebrating its 100th season in Memphis and is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion within the workplace and onstage.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A self-starter with the ability to thrive while managing multiple projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A positive attitude and outlook while problem solving
- Comfortable providing friendly, patient, community interaction.
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Drive
- Experience in being a Teaching Artist as a performer, director or within the realm of technical production.
Duties can include:
- -Organizing performances and workshops at schools and in the community.To include field trip performances of A Christmas Carol, and touring performances of ShoWagon
- -Managing the “Read to Relate” program To include creating the calendar, selecting/acquiring the scripts and moderators, and handling registrations
- -Creating and Teaching workshops and classes
- -Creating Study Guides for certain productions
- -Assisting the Director of Outreach and Engagement with the following:
- Youth Summer Performance Workshop
- Creative Aging Senior Stories and Workshops
- Know Your Rights Residency
- Women in the Arts
- Children’s Theatre Festival
- Creating new programming
- Performance/Tech Week Talk Backs
- Tours of the Theatre
- Implementing Tech Academy
- Salary: $16,000 (or $16 an hour @ 20 hours a week for 50 weeks)
Contract: Starting date early to mid June, 2022 and contracts ends mid May, 2023, based on hiring date and encompassing 50 weeks total.
About Theatre Memphis:
Theatre Memphis is a well-established theatre, staffed with talented professionals who produce high-quality work with a community theatre’s affable spirit. We seek to engage the community with diverse and energetic production teams. At 100 years of nearly continuous production, Theatre Memphis produces 11 shows in 2 spaces per year in the growing arts community of Memphis, TN with numerous outreach and engagement offerings. Be a part of the dedicated team leading Theatre Memphis into its second century.
Send cover letter, resume, portfolio, and references to: Becky Caspersen at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.