Ushers fulfill a variety of duties before the show, at intermission, and after the show. Duties may include:
- Greeting patrons and giving them their tickets at will call.
- Greeting patrons and handing them a program
- Greeting patrons and helping them find their assigned seat.
- Selling concessions before the show and at intermission.
- Picking up small liter in the house after the show.
The usher schedule is very flexible. You may volunteer for any performance on the schedule for which ushers are still needed. In general days and times are: Thu 6:30-10:00 PM, Fri-Sat 7:00- 10:30 PM, and Sun 1:00-5:00 PM. You can volunteer several times on one show or choose different shows. Ushers are given a brief orientation every time they volunteer. As an added bonus, anytime there are open seats in the house, ushers are invited to watch the show for free. All of our active ushers are put on the usher email updates list. Our House Manager, Bob Laurie, makes out the usher schedule for all performance. Bob will send an email requesting ushers about a week and a half to two weeks before a show opens. He’ll continue to send updates and emails until the usher schedule for that show has been completed. Current and upcoming usher opportunities are also always listed on this page. (See below.) Registered volunteers can sign-up to usher at any time for any show that has an open sign-up.
- Ushers age 12-15 must be accompanied by an ushering adult.
- Ushers must follow dress code. (See Usher Guidelines link below.)
- Have a positive attitude, conducting themselves with courtesy and consideration.
- Have a helpful friendly demeanor and be able to deal with a cross-section of personalities.
- Remain calm in sometimes stressful situations.
- Follow Theatre guidelines and accept supervision graciously, having a willingness to perform various tasks or positions as assigned or requested by the House Manager or Theatre Management.
Read Full Usher Guidelines Here
Already a registered usher?
Check out these upcoming usher opportunities or update your current commitments:
42nd Street - View the Schedule / Sign-up