THEATRE MEMPHIS seeks an experienced lighting designer to fill a full-time position with benefits. The successful candidate must be a highly-organized self-starter who is able to collaborate with a wide range of professionals and volunteers to meet a demanding and exciting production schedule. The position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of lighting for up to 12 productions per year plus special events in two spaces. The candidate will need a strong master electrician background, and be able to work independently as well as with other members of the Theatre Memphis team where they will assist with other general production related needs. Send cover letter, resume and references to: Michael Compton, Production Manager, email@example.com
Pleases visit www.theatrememphis.org
We are looking to hire several sound designers, in order to round out the staffs for the 2018-19 Season.
- Possible candidates will be capable of designing and implementing sound effects required for the show.
- The sound designer should have evening and weekend availability during the one week technical rehearsal process. (They are not needed to run the show for performances.)
- The designer would preferably be available to attend periodic 45-60 minute long work week meetings.
- All design work and other preparation would not need to be done at theatre, but designers must be able to meet deadlines and exhibit their progress periodically.
- Sound designers are contracted on a per show basis. The total hours of work and corresponding compensation hinge on the design needs of the show. Sound needs for our production range from a couple hours of research and prep work to many hours of research, prep, and building complex cues.
- Stipend and programming needs will be discussed with all applicants whose resume shows adequate experience.