All internships are unpaid and last for a period of no less than 160 hours. Interns, age 18 and up, are accepted year round at Theatre Memphis. Some internship schedules are flexible, depending on the intern’s availability, time of year, needs of the theatre at that time, and the department within which the internship is based. Work is at least 20 hours per week, for a period of at least 8 weeks. Most internship hours will be fulfilled Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9 AM and 5 PM, but occasional even hours may be required. Intern will report directly to the Marketing Director and secondarily to the Volunteer Coordinator.
Resume and/or cover letter should reflect skills in some detail, giving appropriate instances of how the applicant has exercised relevant skills. (HINT: Excellent writing skill is a must for this position; your resume and cover letter will be the first opportunity the staff has to either qualify or disqualify you for this position, based on your writing skills.)
- Follow directions well
- Work independently
- Work efficiently
- Good sense of organization
- Good verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Computer savvy
- It is often helpful for this intern to provide their own laptop.
- Web content and design knowledge
- Website hosting
- HTML coding
- Social media marketing and public relations experience
Intern Duties & Responsibilities may include:
- Keeping a journal observing the production process
- Assisting with writing and/or editing copy for digital or printed materials
- Phone and email communication
- Assisting with play research
- Assisting to create and upload website content
- Managing social media content
- Other projects as assigned
For more information, please contact Ashley J. Nickas.